Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 8, 2011

I want results, and I want them NOW!


I was not blessed with patience, it is one of my biggest faults. When I want something, I want it ASAP! I have been trying to get in shape, eat better, and lose a little weight. I'm not huge by any means but I am not the skinny minnie I was in high school (yeah I know, it was high school blah blah blah).
So here is my problem. I try really hard for a couple weeks and have one day of weakness, when running or working out just doesn't sound very fun, and I am not seeing any results so I get discouraged, and I do nothing. And then I go a few more days without doing anything, and the frustration sets in even more. Its a vicious cycle, no wonder nothing is happening. BIG SIGH!

I feel like I have plenty of things to motivate me 1. I am very self conscious about the way I look, sometimes I hate going out because I just don't feel good about myself. I love myself on the inside but not on the out. I hate going shopping because all I see everywhere I look, is skinny b@#$%es and it makes me feel worse. I envy them! No I shouldn't feel that way, no I shouldn't envy them, but I am not perfect. 2. I want the energy and to be able to do things I used to be able to do. 3. I want to be happy with the way I look so I have more confidence in myself. I hate feeling the way I do, I would think that is motivation enough, right? So why is it so hard to get myself to get off my butt everyday and do it?

Anyway, I have been reading this book called "Run Your Butt Off" and its just a guide to get started. I am on the third week running plan, and I am determined to keep it up (fingers crossed that my head doesn't get to me). I want to run a few 5k's to see if I can beat my time from last November and then hopefully move on to other bigger races. Hopefully one day a half marathon at least.

But I still want results now! (I better start seeing them soon!)
I just have to wait and be patient and put in the effort.
So if any of you have tips on how to keep my motivation going, PLEASE HELP!

No comments:

Post a Comment