Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 3, 2011

"Hon Now"


"Hom buddy, hon now!"
is a phrase well known in my family. I have no idea where it originated from, but it is most commonly used by my cousin Nate Mathis. Nate has a great love for baseball (along with most of the Mathis family), a love of golf, and many other sports. He is the Assistant Athletic Director at UVU and loves his job. Nate is so full of energy, outgoing, lovable, and has a great sense of humor. I'm not sure that I know anyone who is loved as much as Nate. He has touched many lives and is an inspiration to all. Nate is always going, he never stops, and he always seems to be on some kind of adventure. Some days I wish that I could be more like him. He makes friends everywhere he goes, and I love that about him.
One week ago, March 26, Nate was in a horrible skiing accident. When I heard what had happened my heart sunk, but I knew he was a fighter and would pull through. Nate underwent major surgery on Friday, and has had some complications since.
I had the opportunity to see him today, it was hard seeing someone who is normally so full of life, just laying there, only able to respond with a squeeze of the hand. As I walked into his room, and saw him I immediately looked to my cousin Eric for comfort. Seeing him brought tears to my eyes, it's not easy seeing someone you love and care for, in such a fragile state. Especially someone like Nate.

You may be wondering why I have a picture of Great Value Wheat Thins on here. Only family may really know the meaning behind it. It is an inside joke between the two of us. I would tell the story, but I'm pretty sure its one of those things you had to be there for. Now every time I see, or talk to him, Generic Wheat thins get brought up in one way or another. I took this picture before his accident with the intention of sending it to him, but never got the chance. So, I am doing it now.

This is for Nate.
This is my way of showing my love for him and letting him know he is in my prayers.
So, Hon now Nate, get through this buddy. You have a lot of people pulling for you.
I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment