Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Going the Distance... RPT

The past couple of months have been a struggle for me money wise. I always have just enough money for the things that I need, but its really tight. Although, I'm not terribly bad off, my stress and anxiety begin to sky rocket because I have to make my money stretch until my next pay check. It was such a relief for me to finally, after 8 months, have a full time job and not have to work 2 jobs just to make ends meet. Now, I have more to pay for, and a second job isn't looking too bad right now. But again that means less time for a social life, and less time for myself.
For an even longer time now the feeling that I am going nowhere with my life has been eating at me. I felt unaccomplished, and I was worrying that I might be stuck at a job, with no room for moving up, for the rest of my life. I was also worried that I would never find anyone, that no one would want someone who hasn't been to school, who hasn't done anything great and spectacular. I knew that I needed to go to school and get some training. But I wasn't sure what I wanted to do, and the thought of going back to school gave me anxiety as well. School has never been my cup of tea and I have always been more of a hands on learner, so I just kept putting it off. As I started to feel more and more unaccomplished, pathetic and hopeless, I knew I needed to do something and actually stick with it. I started looking into courses at the DATC, knowing that the medical field was where I wanted to be. I found a 13 week program, class one night a week, labs every other week, perfect for my work schedule. I knew it would be something that would fascinate me, and that it would be something I could enjoy. So my decision was to enroll into the Radiology Practical Technician course. Financial aid was not available for the course, which made me a little hesitant, but I decided to do it anyway. So, here I am, a month away from starting school.
This is what is helping me get through my money and emotional struggles. Knowing that I am finally doing something, and once I finish in April, I will be able to make more money once I find a job. It may be a long road, but I think it will be so worth it. Even though I have school on my credit card, a car payment, insurance, and rent I feel blessed that I am able to go back to school and work at the same time. I feel a lot better about the direction my life is headed. It took a lot for me to GO THE DISTANCE and make the sacrifices I needed to go back to school. I am excited to see where this road takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment